Friday, September 14, 2012

ROS Industrial swri_demo 2nd day


So, about some packages that aren't compiling (by rosmake), I asked in the mailing list of swri-ros package and got the response fairly quickly http://goo.gl/K8Zdz saying:

- armadillo_arm_navigation is yes, not compiling. Patch is appreciated!
- If you don't have specific needs, just use longhorn_arm_navigation that is also in the same stack

Hmm, my purpose for now is to run the applications of ROS Industrial so that I can familiarize myself with it but making patch will let me understand deeper. Thus let's do the following for today:

  1. Run app by longhorn
  2. Make patch of armadillo

So let's try to run longhorns!

  % roscd longhorn_arm_navigation

Very 1st thing I would do when I visit new stack/pkg is to look at the dependency, ie. open manifest.xml. Here I cite only the dependency part, with descriptions per each pkgs I referred from manifest.xml of each.

  <depend package="dx100"/>  -  From motoman stack.
  <depend package="kinematics_base"/>  -  From arm_navigation.
  <depend package="planning_environment"/>  -  From arm_navigation.
  <depend package="arm_kinematics_constraint_aware"/>  -  From arm_navigation.
  <depend package="ompl_ros_interface"/>  -  From arm_navigation.
  <depend package="trajectory_filter_server"/>  - From arm_navigation.
  <depend package="constraint_aware_spline_smoother"/>  - From arm_navigation.
  <depend package="move_arm"/>  - From arm_navigation.

Everything else appears to be from arm_navigation stack except for the 1st pkg from motoman. Apparently it's worth going roundabout to learn about that stack first before proceeding into ROS Industrial in general. By the way I have less experience in arm manipulation in general..only practical experience for that is 5-day hackathon at my previous internship where I hardcoded a trajectory of 7-DOF arm.

So let's spend a few days or more/less on arm_navigation tutorial (http://www.ros.org/wiki/arm_navigation/Tutorials). In addition, tutorial at IROS 2011 looks very informative too, mainly on theoretical side.

Left todo:
  1. Learn in arm_navigation tutorial (need to pick necessary ones)
  2. Run app by using longhorn_arm_navigation
  3. Make patch of armadillo_arm_navigation

No comments:

Post a Comment